Magic World: Adventureland

 


      Get ready to embark on expeditions in the most savage jungles known to man, facing the most unusual threats on the way. Here in this land, you can be a bold explorer in an exotic location. This is the world of adventure, where something is waiting around every riverbend.

    When you walk over the bridge from the pub, you enter into an Arabian marketplace, resembling the kingdom of Agrabah from Aladdin. In the center of the marketplace is Aladdin's Flying Carpets, a spinning ride where you fly on magic carpets and might get squirted by some camels. Around the marketplace is the Sultan's Palace restaurant and the 3 Wishes Bazaar. Two ways break from here, both which go to different places of the area. One straight from the bazaar goes to a Polynesian area while the one left of the bazaar goes to an African and Asian area.

    In the African/Asian area, you go by Lost Traders and Bengal Barbeque, which are part of a small Asian subarea. Piranha Bites also offers snacks for travelers. There are rafts to Adventure Island near the snack stand, and on the island, you can explore the place and climb Tarzan's Treehouse. Near the docks is the entrance to Tarzan: Call of the Wild, a rollercoaster that goes on Adventure Island and makes us feel like we're swinging through the trees with Tarzan. The Explorer's Cafe is nearby, along with the entrance to the Jungle Cruise.


    In the Polynesian area, you can go around Adventure Island in Explorer Canoes. On the left from the entrance, the Enchanted Tiki Room (which is by Aloha Shack) offers an audio-animatronic show. Trader Sam's sells Polynesian-themed merchandise. On a stage is where Moana: A Homecoming Celebration is held, telling Moana's story in puppetry and acrobatics. Kokamora Collections and Tahiti Terrace serve as places to buy merchandise and dining.

    Past those shops is a small woodsy area. The major attraction there is Splash Mountain, the splashdown ride of Song of the South. Grandma Sycamore's Buffet and Splashdown Souvenirs serve as a restaurant and shop.


Attractions:

  • Aladdin's Flying Carpets
  • Adventure Island
  • Tarzan's Treehouse
  • Tarzan: Call of the Wild
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Explorer Canoes
  • Enchanted Tiki Room
  • Splash Mountain
Dining:
  • Sultan's Palace
  • Bengal Barbeque
  • Piranha Bites
  • Explorer's Cafe
  • Aloha Shack
  • Tahiti Terrace
  • Grandma Sycamore's Buffet
Shopping:
  • 3 Wishes Bazaar
  • Lost Traders
  • Trader Sam's
  • Kokamora Collections
  • Splashdown Souvenirs
    
    I have been thinking about this one for a bit. I am someone obsessed with themes, but I feel hypocritical for my choice to put Splash Mountain here. Some would say it would fit better in Frontierland, and not to mention, the southern thing doesn't match the jungle exploration theme of Adventureland. However, I know that I'd also face criticism in these racial times. I personally am upset that they are changing Splash Mountain all over, just because it ties in with some Jim Crow film. I think they are taking things a little too far. I kind of want to keep this attraction safe, so if it means keeping it in the wrong area, I will do so. I understand that racism is a big topic right now, but there is too much commotion over this. However, if it bothers people that much, I would theme it to Moana, where it would be called Ocean Mountain. I just want to express that I do not want to have such a classic attraction thrown away because of one tiny thing about the background of the ride, but those were old times. This is the new times, and we shouldn't let the past trouble us anymore.


Comments

  1. Wise wise comment—“we shouldn’t let the past trouble us anymore”. 🙌🙌 I commend your decision to put Splash Mountain in this area. I think it fits just fine and does seem to offer it some protection. I’d really love to see/ride the Tarzan rollercoaster! What a great idea! Does it currently exist in another park? If so, I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tarzan is an idea that has not been used before. It does not exist in any other park.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Events at Neo World

Neo World: Star Wars Galaxy's Edge

Adventure World: Adventure Outpost